Tuesday 4 August 2020

Renault-com vs. Can Clip for Renault Laguna diagnosis

Car model: Renault Laguna 

Symptom: has thrown the check injection light on again and I suspect oil dilution (2.0DCi 180hp).

Renault diagnostic tool to use:

Test reports: 
I did get one Renault-COM. 
It does work and can read and more importantly clear the Renault codes. 

It hasn’t got the ability to tell the car to regenerate the DPF like the Can Clip is meant to have, or not that I’ve found anyway. 

It’s allowed me to clear codes on my Laguna and our Megane so has paid for itself already. 
It doesn’t use the Clip software unfortunately it uses Superscan 3.

Renault-COM

There is an option for coding injectors I believe... to be honest that’s not my sort of thing so have never looked into it. 


As for the DPF, it CAN read the code/s and tell you if you have oil dilution and also the cruise control gets taken off with that too, resetting and clearing the codes is easy. 

If you go into the options for live data it does tell you how much soot is in the filter. 

My Laguna still regenerates regularly, the soot level remains high even after the car has regenerated the DPF, I think it’s now full of ash.

Where's the best place to get one Renault-COM diagnostic from? 
I got mine from obd2shop:


The first time I plugged it into the car it took my laptop a few goes to connect to it, that could just be my laptop though and have had no issues since. 

The blue light for Bluetooth on the unit only actually goes blue once the laptop actually makes a connection with it.

Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment